Gilbert aunty and coming home...
My boots waded through water ,dead leaves stuck to my favourite red pin striped (now wet) pants I was not complaining I never did but this time I had a long way to go.There was a smile on my lips yet I was shivering as I walked alone along the bulevard polished with beautifull graphite, blank puddles the rippled every now and then, as a cycle creeked its way slowly down the road.I had met someone ..not having gone to the place where I loved to talk to my boss each weekend and meet other people who worked for him too(I really had a problem then believeing he existed..that was then) because as you know some roumours in an office cause a lot of pain and well I was this geek who cared about something called a "reputation"...back then..I never fitted in a crowd..not even ready made clothes like to fit on me! my firends they liked me .Later sitting In a hospital bed I remember no one even called...ya they liked me (entertainment matereial..I thought they thought I was).I went back there was a feast today...after a ENTIRE year ..I never stopped to keep thinking of my boss...I missed him and his office .....(he has offices all over Chennai)I seen most of them and I really missed this one.I entered this one I expected everyone to stare at me with face that would Ignore me...maybe not racognise me....I didnt know what to look forward to.I crept up the stairs ....and sat in the dark I saw them after such a long time.....they sang a song...rehearsing for the nights festivites...I sat in tears they looked so different.....I missed them,I missed my boss.I was home
I was greeted with happyness and they missed me too .....!to my surprise.I was not hated after all, In my favourite office.The rumours where forgotten...I tried my best to put them right..I couldnt do more....but It gladdened me that they didnt matter anymore....
In the corner of the hall sat a grand old lady (I used to sleep away during her disussion meeting and during the time I was awake I used to fight with her)...would she remember me?I waked up to her a little hesitantly and smiled a shy Hi!.......And she left me frozen with surprise!!....."where have you been.you never came here since last year in june!" she said .she asked about my dream (I had told her a long time ago) she asked about my family...I was worthy of being remebered!...I walked along the road...A smile on my lips...I was remembered fondly In my bosses office.My favoutite office....They didnt hate me after all